Many renew their car insurance coverage year after year without calling the insurance advisor to review their policy. It’s a bad habit not to evaluate our car insurance coverage – particularly as the years pass by and assets increase. Stop those habits and know when to increase car insurance coverage.
When To Increase Your Car Insurance Coverage?
It is essential to review your car insurance coverage periodically and make sure it meets your needs. Consider increasing your car insurance coverage if:
- You are adding another driver to your policy.
- You are adding a teen driver to your policy.
- Your vehicle has depreciated, and you need more coverage to protect the current value.
- You are moving to a new area or state with higher rates of accidents or theft.
- You have recently received a ticket for a moving violation or been involved in a car accident.
- You have recently experienced a major life event, such as purchasing a new car, getting married, or having a baby.
- You have made significant upgrades or modifications to your vehicle that would affect its value (e.g., adding a custom paint job or installing aftermarket parts).