Can I Get Auto Insurance With A Valid Foreign Driver’s License?

When you get a visa to work or study in the United States, you don’t necessarily
need to apply for a U.S. driver’s license to drive legally. You can drive in the country
if you have a foreign driver’s license that meets all of your state’s driving
requirements. In some states, you need more than just your foreign driver’s license
to satisfy the licensing requirement. Check with the state you’ll be driving in to see if
you’re required to have an International Driving Permit (IDP).

When Should I Apply For International Driving Permit?

If the state you will be staying in requires International Driving Permit, then it’s best
to apply for it at least two months before traveling. This will ensure you have
enough time to receive the permit and make the necessary arrangements.

  Can I Get Auto Insurance With International Driving Permit?

Yes, you can get auto insurance with an International Driving Permit. Most
insurance companies will accept an International Driving Permit as proof of identity
and residence to obtain auto insurance. However, it is essential to note that not all
insurance companies will accept an International Driving Permit, so it is best to
check with your provider before purchasing a policy.

Can I Apply For Auto Insurance In The U.S. With My Foreign License?

Yes, it is possible to apply for auto insurance in the U.S. with a foreign license.
However, some states may require additional documentation, such as an
International Driving Permit (IDP), before you can get coverage. Additionally, some
insurance companies may require that you hold a license in your home country for
at least six months before issuing you a policy.